Nike’s Manufacturing Revolution will redefine how, when and where our product is made and what our product is made from. We will identify, develop and scale breakthrough technologies that create game-changing product for our athletes*. We will meet rising consumer expectations and macroeconomic challenges through a new, more efficient, more sustainable system for creating and delivering product to our consumers. And we will do it now.
We are innovators, engineers, scientists, strategists, and makers. We are looking for a unique, passionate individual to join our team. You must be a self-starter, flexible thinker, and outstanding communicator who is comfortable working cross-functionally and influencing different personalities and perspectives. You will need those skills as you work not only across our Manufacturing Revolution team, but also across multiple functions, living within Nike‘s matrixed organization.
As a Machine Safety Engineer reporting to our Footwear Engineering Standards team, your primary tasks are to drive compliance on global machine safety requirements and consult internal/external stakeholders to support Nike’s Manufacturing Revolution initiatives. You will work closely with development and deployment teams as well as factory locations where machines are installed.
The Footwear Engineering Standards team serves Manufacturing Modernization efforts to ensure that proper reviews and analysis are done on MM projects and that all necessary documentation is in place prior to proliferation to our contract factories. This team evaluates and manages the transition of new technologies from Innovation to In-line manufacturing.
Key Accountabilities for the role include:
• Work with Nike teams to ensure that machine safety is considered in early phases of the development process.
• Perform Risk Assessments along with chemical, mechanical and electrical engineers as needed for new and off-the-shelf machinery.
• Analyze machine safety data (including risk assessment hazards, accidents and process data), identify trends and implement solutions
• Consult with Nike chemical, mechanical, electrical, and deployment engineers to help train and develop their skills in machine Risk Assessment.
• Travel to Nike locations and vendor sites to evaluate machines as needed.
• Provide expert technical assistance to Nike project teams on machine safety related issues.
• Work with Sustainable Manufacturing and Sourcing to ensure safety end-to-end processes are followed and documentation is communicated to stakeholders.
• Implement machine safety policies and procedures working with relevant stakeholders.
• Keep apprised of changes in international machine safety standards and regulations.