NZXT is a rapidly growing company made up of gamers, builders, and PC enthusiasts on a mission to create hardware, software, experiences, and services that surprise and delight gamers of all types. We are a team of creative, motivated, and results-oriented people who love what we do and are dedicated to making it easy, fun, and rewarding for our audience to play games. We are a founder-led an organization that has not lost any of our entrepreneurial, scrappy roots. This is an exciting time to join NZXT as we are poised for significant global expansion and growth.
CULTURE & VALUES
At NZXT, we believe in the importance of Design Thinking and the power of Serving Community, and our values spring from those two core ideas:
• Relentless Pursuit of Perfection - Every Voice Matters
• Keep It Simple - Give A Shit
• Build Scalable Systems - Commit To Quality
• Validate Your Hypotheses - Learn And Grow
• Do What You Say - Win Together
We hope that every NZXT employee internalizes and practices these values to the point where they become second nature. We expect our leaders and managers to embody and nurture these values, because when they are in full force... amazing things can happen.
NZXT is seeking a highly motivated Packaging Engineer to designs, tests, and implements packaging designs. As an integral part of our Product Development process, the packaging engineer will review and improve existing packaging designs as well as develop new designs for a plethora of new products and product categories. Qualified individual will be familiar with industry specifications, test standards and guidelines for developing packaging solutions for NZXT products. They will work with internal team members and external packaging suppliers to achieve functional packaging goals.
• Oversee and manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development, and performance testing
• Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions
• Analyze engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements, and types of materials required for packaging
• Establish standards and guidelines for supplier evaluation. Evaluate and select packaging suppliers/vendors; periodically conduct vendor reviews
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Work closely with global suppliers, engineering, product management, operations, and sourcing
• Participate in product introduction teams, to deliver new products to market
Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to packaging materials, labor, efficiency, transportation, and storage
• Work closely with Engineering to optimize packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, regionalization, standardization, supply assurance, and compliance with customer, regulatory, and internal requirements
• Specify and recommend efficiency tools and test methods to develop and validate packaging designs
• Work with the manufacturing department to insure that the packaging designs are optimized for manufacturability
• Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that packaging exceeds customer specifications