What would you do:
· You will be the technical lead and project manager of one or more products from concept to EOL.
· Actively engaged with chip vendors, ODMs, and peers to understand technology advancement and cost trends.
· Work closely with product line managers (PLM) at concept stage to define the product feature specification.
· Work closely with supply chain to solicit competitive bids at ODM partners.#LI-VC1
· Work closely with system engineers and technical experts to provide detailed specifications and a project schedule for internal, ODM, and other 3rd-party development teams.
· Actively participate in sprint planning for feature development and roll-out.
· Drive the internal, ODM, and other 3rd-party development teams to deliver the complete working and tested product (HW/SW).
· Work closely with supply chain to ensure risk-buy and tooling are done in time for mass production ramp up.
· Work closely with Beta Program manager to understand beta tester issues and drive development partners to resolve them to meet quality criteria before product launch.
· Manage escalations within the project delivery.
· Conduct weekly core team meetings and provide update to Program Manager.
· 10+ years working experience on networking products in the following categories: wireless routers and gateways, modem, extender, AP, and Mesh (must).
· You have 5+ years of experience working for an ODM at a people manager role (must).
· You are an expert in embedded firmware and Wi-Fi networking and part of the software R&D team (must)
· You have experience working with both internal and outsourced/offshore engineering team (must).
· You have experience in system (HW+SW+cloud) development and launch (Preferred).
· Experience in managing large-scale, multiple-party SW projects (Preferred).
· Excellent organization, project management, and coordination skills with both technical and non-technical teams.
· Be both book smart and street smart, able to manage without formal authority. Can-do attitude is a must.
· Ex-coders who want to expand the skillset and take on the project from a management perspective are very welcomed. The ideal candidate is flexible and welcomes the challenges to constantly expanding the job scope.
· Good communication skills in English, written and verbal.
· Understanding of Mandarin language is a plus.
· Eagerness to travel to work with global team members in the US and Asia, as well as development partners in Taiwan and China, and from time to time India