The candidate will be responsible to drive the overall test quality improvement, in other words, to evaluate the adequacy of current practice of test activities, to identify and implement the improvement actions, and to oversee the execution and evaluate the performance of test activities as well as improvement actions.
Given that the test activities are conduct by different units, including offshore or internal affiliates, the candidate should be comfortable managing “virtual” teams. Prior experience in vendor management or project management is preferred.
The candidate will also lead a core testing team to support the test activities, covering different types of test, such as sanity test, base regression, and end-to-end user acceptance test of key projects. Therefore, consumer banking domain knowledge, including the technology, products, processes, controls and operating models, and comprehensive communication skills is required for ensuring the understanding of business requirements and the testing needs.
1. Evaluate the adequacy of current practice of test activities. Identify and implement improvement actions, such as refined standards, processes, methodologies, tools or templates, under internal quality assurance policies and procedures.
2. Oversee the execution and evaluate the performance of above improvement actions and make adjustments periodically.
3. 〝Lead a core testing team to support the test activities, covering different type of test, such as sanity test, base regression, and end-to-end user acceptance test of key projects. The above mentioned test activities including:
* Develop test plans and test cases.
* Execute the test cases and log the execution results.
* Identify, record, and track defects.
* Design, develop and execute automation scripts.〝
4. Coordinate and oversight the test activities done by other units.
5. Provide periodically quality analysis or dashboard for management review and decision-making support.
6. Drive the cross-functional adoption of automated testing tools, test methodologies and best test practices to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of testing.
7. Establish criteria for test resources management and prioritization.
8. Design and conduct test related training to the team as well as the testers from other units.