F&A - Business Control of Taiwan - Hsinchu
Location Hsinchu, Taiwan
Experience ＞10 Senior
Functional Area Finance & Accounting
Background Business Administration
THIS JOB IS NOT A STANDARD FINANCE CONTROL POSITION
* Eager to manage a business that generates Eur ＞ 2 bln in average annual revenue in Taiwan
* Enjoys driving teams to make better decisions and holding them accountable for execution
* Offers people workable & creative alternatives instead of just saying no
* Able and willing to speak up and team player
The business control, while reporting directly to the Finance Director of Taiwan, is responsible for working directly with ASML Taiwan’s Account Teams and Customer Support (CS) Teams to manage all financial and contractual aspects of ASML’s commercial operations in Taiwan.
Key responsibilities include:
* Be the finance lead in setting up commercial deals with Taiwanese customers, ensuring risks and rewards for ASML and customer are clear and mutually beneficial.
* Ensuring we execute on these deals by reporting compelling business insights, aimed at driving actions as opposed to informing us about the past. This can be broken down into 3 main activities:
(i) Target / objectives setting. Ensure the selection of relevant and smart objectives that support ASML long term value creation. Targets needs to drive quality improvement rather than solely compliance checks.
(ii) Set up and consolidation of management information relevant to the organization’s progress against these objectives.
(iii) Drive corrective actions and intervention by managers to continuously improve future performance.
* Recommend and implement creative out of the box options and alternatives for improving the financial and contractual terms of sales proposals, as well as dealing with issue resolution that emerge while executing deals.
* Master degree or above in Business Administration/ Finance & Accounting
1. Strong Financial and Business Management Skills: The role calls for someone with strong strategic abilities, able to envision alternatives for a complex business and foster critical evaluation on the part of the business heads.
2. Exceptional Communications Skills: The individual must be an outstanding communicator with the members of the management team, customers and other senior managers.
3. Leadership Abilities: The candidate is expected to provide functional and business leadership through his/her financial acumen and business experience. This involves active management of the business in real time, not just reporting the performance after the fact.
4. Impeccable Values and Ethics: The ideal candidate will embody the strong corporate values of diversity, equal opportunity, attention to individuals and people, and commitment to local communities.
5. International Experience: For the long-term career development with ASML, the successful candidate will need to relocate to take on leadership positions in Europe or Asia. Thus, it is important that the candidate have had experience with or at least sensitivity to working across cultures.