1. Direct and oversee the planning, development and implementation of a specific campaign issue and/or region. Provide leadership to the development of objectives, strategies and program activities in order to achieve well integrated campaign work.
2. Provide team leadership. Manage, motivate and facilitate the work of staff. Inspire and encourage staff to be innovative in all aspects of their work. Determine priorities, assign responsibilities and supervise staff. Identify staff training needs.
3. Provide program expertise with respect to specialized campaign areas. Maintain high-level of knowledge on the issues related to responsible areas. Analyze new developments in support of campaign vision, goals and objectives. Stay abreast of current and emerging developments relating to the campaign issues.
4. Manage staff and work with others in the organization to organize campaign activities. Prepare written materials, communicate with government officials and industry representatives. Make presentations and respond to public speaking requests.
5. Provide expert advice to GPEA (Deputy) Program Director on all issues and plans related to the responsible campaign issue and/or region.
6. Liaise and build relationships with business, government and non-governmental organizations on issues of relevance to meeting campaign objectives. Communicate and engage with inter-governmental bodies and government officials as needed.
7. Actively represent Greenpeace in public activities, the business, scientific and government sectors, the environmental community at large and the media, to achieve campaign objectives and strengthen the profile and credibility of Greenpeace. Undertake reactive and proactive media work as required.
8. Liaise with other Greenpeace offices and Greenpeace International. Promote support within Greenpeace to advance campaign goals.
9. Oversee budget and ensure that all expenditure is kept within the allocated budget. Ensure financial and administrative procedures are followed by the team.