The Center is looking for a well-organized, outgoing person who enjoys interacting with people across countries and cultures. WorldVeg headquarters attract hundreds of visitors from academics, universities, research institutions, donors, governments and many other organizations. The Social Outreach Coordinator is responsible to plan custom-made schedules for the visitors in consultation with WorldVeg staff, manage the event and provide an enriching and informative experience to the guests.
The Social Outreach Coordinator introduces Center activities through presentations (in English and Chinese, and gives tours (in English and Chinese) of the award-winning WorldVeg Demonstration Garden, where more than 200 global and traditional vegetable species and agricultural technologies such as screenhouses and drip irrigation are on display.
Other duties include assisting the Director of Communications with the preparation and posting of social media messages in English and Chinese.
As over 75 percent of visitors are from different countries of the world, the incumbent has to be well-skilled at bridging language differences and comfortable in dealing with people from other cultures.
The Social Outreach Coordinator will work with the Communications team, which is responsible for all of the Center’s external communications activities. This is a nationally recruited position and open for Taiwan nationals only.
Job Responsibilities and Tasks
• Plan and schedule visits to the World Vegetable Center
• Coordinate schedules with visitors and other WorldVeg departments
• Give general introductory presentation about WorldVeg in Chinese and English
• Give tours of the WorldVeg Demonstration Garden (English and Chinese)
• Assist Director of Communications with social media outreach
• Answer phone and email inquiries from potential visitors
• Advise visitors on travel and accommodation options
• Interact with Food and Dormitory Services to arrange lunches and coffee breaks
• Establish contacts with Taiwan agricultural institutes and occasionally arrange visits to these institutions
• Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of visitor numbers and related statistics
• All other duties as required by the Director of Communications
• Bachelor‘s degree in communications, public relations, horticulture, or related fields
• Three years’ work experience involving customer/client contact or relations
- Contd. -
• Very good spoken and written English and Mandarin
• Able to comfortably interact with people from other countries and cultures
• Well-organized and conscientious; able to plan, execute, and adapt schedules with precision
• Personable and polite
• Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
• Google Gmail, Google Drive
• Social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
• Strong interest in gardening, food and agriculture, international relations and development
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, at an entry level, with competitive pay and benefits.
The initial appointment is for one year and may be extended depending on requirements, funding availability,
How to Apply
Submit a letter of application in English with curriculum vitae, with details of education, work experiences,
professional skills, names and contact addresses (including phone number/fax/e-mail) of three referees,
and a recent passport size photograph by e-mail to email@example.com, before 30 March 2019.
- ● 農林漁牧學門,公共關係學類 相關科系