The accountant is responsible for processing daily meal card transactions and other accounting operations including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules, ledgers and accounts. Assisting with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the accounting supervisor in carrying responsibilities of the accounting department.
• Receive and verify invoices and requisitions of goods and services for student activities accounts. Ensure that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures. Provide timely response to students and teachers concerning the spending on the accounts.
• Manage the day to day payment operations of student activities accounts including issuing checks, processing bank wires and releasing petty cash funds.
• Maintain up-to-date school meal card system. Timely reconcile student meal card accounts to ensure daily meal card transaction information balances with general ledger. Monitor meal card account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
• Investigate, resolve and communicate queries regarding meal card accounts from students or parents via phone, email, mail or personal visits.
• Resolve queries from cafeteria cashiers regarding meal card system. Ensure sufficient resources at Cafeteria during school’s lunch peak time or special events time.
• Prepare, verify and apply cashier daily cash collection journal entries to general ledger. Flag and communicate any errors to Accounting supervisor when recording cash.
• Application Fee process and follow up.
• Assist with monthly and annual closing and preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
• Participate special projects assigned by Supervisors.