- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and machine learning.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets (R, SPSS, SAS etc).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Master in Information Management, Computer Science, or a related discipline, PhD preferred.
- At least two years of experience using data mining, machine learning or distributed computing techniques.
- Experience with finance and retail data a plus.