Are you an experienced and passionate System and Database Administrator? Greenpeace East Asia would like to hear from you!
This role will be involved in supporting various data management functions, maintaining the accuracy and quality of supporter database, campaign activities and financial income data, along with providing an understanding of supporter behavior through reports and analysis of data.
This role will support the fundraising and engagement system operation across all three markets – Hong Kong, Taiwan and South Korea. The Data & Systems Manager allocates team resources to various tasks depending on the priorities. This role could be based in either Hong Kong, Taiwan or South Korea.
This role will:
1. Ensure timely and accurate processing of donation income and take care of administrative responsibilities (e.g. income reconciliation, reporting, preparing and updating payment and supporter data, liaising with banks and payment gateways on payment issues, sending and tracking of donor pledges/ letters, annual receipts, dealing with bounce backs from mailing programmes, etc.)
2. Support various data management functions such as data governance, data security, data quality, documentation and knowledge base etc.
3. Take the primary lead in maintaining accurate supporter information including financial, mailing list data and e-mail lists
4. Contribute to analysis of supporter activity to support the work of FR&E through providing audience understanding, segmentation and insights
5. Work closely with other teams within the FR&E department and GPEA in handling various requests such as Appeal record data cleansing coordinating with the in house tele-callers, helping in organizing donor gatherings, sending out news-letters etc.
6. Improve systems and business processes that will maximize financial return along with performing the administrative work (e.g. sending pledge/ letters, etc.)
1. Perform regular or ad hoc analysis of data stored in the CRM system or other systems to inform fundraising and engagement activity
2. Maintaining and segmenting our database and set up and maintain data segments to enable tailored communication approaches to be achieved
3. Identify key behavior research trends, track impact on donor’s
4. Provide report or analysis to colleagues in the FR&E department
5. Responsible for monthly donation payment processing. Arrange and follow up back approval on direct debit requests and help fulfill other transaction
6. Ensure all bank documents are in line with the actual transaction
7. Produce regular payment status report
8. Perform a timely update on the database after each transaction
9. Perform various coordination functions such as coordinating with the in house tele callers, helping in organizing Supporters gathering, sending annual receipts, newsletters etc
10. Work with other colleagues in capturing and documenting FR&E business practice
11. Maintain all communication/transaction details in the database
1. Degree in information technology, computer science, engineering, business analytics, statistics or a related field, post graduate degree.
2. Demonstrated experience in CRM and Database system administration (e.g. Salesforce) would be highly regarded.
3. Demonstrated experience in financial and/or customer analysis using multiple data sources.
4. Demonstrated ability to create and use basic and efficient SQL queries is mandatory; work with Business Intelligence, data warehouse and analytics software such as Tableau, R, Python etc. would be highly regarded.
5. Well established communication skills and ability to communicate complex analysis in plain English to management and senior level stakeholders.
6. English is mandatory. Cantonese, Mandarin and / or Korean would be highly regarded.