ME coordinates individual mechanical engineering activities under the guidance and supervision of the Mechanical Engineering Lead (MEL) or Mechanical Engineering Manager (MEM)
Support project tendering group and project execution group:
• Review and interpret the project specification and able to flag the potential deviations to optimize plant design
• Coordinate with Civil team and Electrical Team and Suppliers, for preparing the Building List, Architectural drawing and Building Schedule and HVAC & Fire Fighting design input requires for each building & Area of the plant.
• Detailed load estimating HVAC heat emission estimation for all related sensible heat and latent heat. Able to review and comment for proper HVAC Heat input from suppliers to ensure proper HVAC heat inputs.
• Able to estimate the HVAC Heating and Cooling Load review and assessment the for each building and estimate / determine the rated HVAC equipment capacity and
redundancy require for each building of the plant.
• Application and selection of various types of HVAC equipment including air handling units, fans, coils, condensing units, chillers, cooling tower, furnaces, HVAC ducting system, air terminal devices such as variable air volume boxes, grilles and diffusers, and louvers.
• Design, application, and selection of hydronic systems and steam/condensate systems including chillers, boilers, cooling towers, pumps, and associated system accessories.
• Detailed knowledge of Power Plant Fire Fighting/ Detection/ Suppression System
including Explosion concept. Able to co-ordinate with Fire Fighting supplier in order to finalize the Overall Power Plant Fire Fighting/ Detection/ Suppression concept.
• Design of Fire Fighting Pump and Fire Water Ring Main Sizing.
• Review of Fire Fighting Supplier Drawing & Document and proper co-ordination with other disciplines for approval of the documents.
• General knowledge of HVAC and Fire Fighting system controls desirable. Includes
development of general HVAC temperature control diagrams and written sequences of operation.
• General knowledge of plumbing design would be beneficial. Would include general
knowledge of the plumbing code and specific requirements for sanitary sewer and vent piping design, storm sewer piping design, and domestic hot and cold-water piping design.
• Prepare the conceptual HVAC flow diagram for each building.
• Design and layout HVAC equipment, duct systems including supply, return, exhaust, ventilation, and dust collection systems.
• Prepare RFQ enquiry specification in compliance with project specification for issuance to HVAC and Fire Fighting suppliers
• Coordinates with other disciplines to ensure there will be no internal scope gap
• Review, comment, negotiates with suppliers and subcontractors for technical terms, to ensure supplier design/proposal appropriate compare with in-house own calculated and scope of work fulfill RFQ and Evaluates suppliers’ and subcontractors’ proposals for estimate/determine costs/budget for HVAC & Fire Fighting system and others package assigned by MEL
• Possible on-site coordinate of HVAC & Fire Fighting system installation, inspections, commissioning as requires during project execution.
• Manages engineering work of suppliers and subcontractors in terms of quality, schedule, compliance with specification and completeness of scope during execution.
• Manages procurement work of suppliers and subcontractors in terms of quality,
schedule, compliance with specification and completeness of scope
• Degree in Mechanical engineering
• Minimum 10 years of experiences with EPC contract or engineering company (doing
EPC) with at least 5 years experiences on design of plant HVAC system & Fire Fighting
and building services for combined cycle power plant, or coal fired plant, or
- ● 機械工程學類 相關科系