The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for all procurement and purchasing activities on assigned projects.
1. Prepare school-wide purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; searching and selecting suppliers; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
2. Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers. Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
3. Coordinate customs clearance of incoming shipments with warehouse, Minister of Education, Taipei Customs Bureau, and external forwarders.
4. Participate school annual tender requests and follow through the bidding results.
5. Work with supervisors to initiate cost-saving proposals.
6. Prequalify suppliers according to school policy and regularly re-evaluate prequalified vendors
7. Participate in special projects assigned by supervisors.
Minimum of five years of successful experience in purchasing administration, procurement administrative or logistics support function preferred
Upper Intermediate English proficiency preferred (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
Near native Mandarin proficiency (listening, speaking, reading and writing) is required
College or university diploma
A high degree of professional integrity, ethics, and confidentiality
Thorough working knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures
Complete knowledge of warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures
Extensive knowledge and ability to negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements
Ability to work independently and interact confidently with all TAS community members and suppliers
Excellent organization, communication, and listening skills
Advanced Excel skills
- ● 商業及管理學門,數學統計學門 相關科系