We are looking for a creative, hands-on and knowledgeable Design Manager (Workplace Interior) with min. 7 years of workplace project experience to join our Taipei office.
Our approach is holistic and highly collaborative. As a Design Manager, you will work with our team of designers, engineers and other project professionals to meet client expectations, manage sustainability projects, and coordinate with internal resources and external partners.
This is a unique career opportunity in workplace design on an international scale. We value professional development and will nurture your talent and career growth.
The successful candidate will:
• Have strong technical skills and experience relevant to managing projects simultaneously; be detail-oriented, organized and capable of solving problems and setting priorities involved with managing several accounts/projects at once.
• Be able to independently lead projects and also take direction as a team member
• Negotiating for fees and contracts, managing, scheduling, budgeting and staffing for design team, coordinating with sub-consultants, vendors and contractors
• Preparing proposal and contract if necessary
• Communicating with clients and other parties and presenting to client as required
• Effectively manage client expectations with an aim to consistently exceed
• Handling risk management, tracking financial performance of projects
Desired Skills and Experience
• 10 years+ of relevant project experience
• Solid knowledge of workplace/interior practices especially in Taipei
• A track record for successfully delivering projects that involve a high degree of change and complexity
• A passion for design and professional excellence
• Proven client facing experience engaging C-suite and senior business leaders
• Good leadership capability, ability to work collaboratively with team, as well as oversight and mentoring of junior staff.
• Strong ability in managing fees, schedules and staffing
• Excellent communication skill (both written and spoken) in English and Mandarin/Chinese
• Familiar with IDP & IDPO process and able to handle permitting issues is must
• A degree in Architecture and/or Interior Design