1. Providing Taiwanese legal and regulatory advice for and in relation to:
i. The business and activities generally, but particularly in relation to derivatives and securities, of Taipei Branch, including following new products presented for validation for sale or trading in Taiwan;
ii. Global or regional initiatives rolled out or implemented in Taiwan, including assisting in connection with outsourcing matters;
iii. Taiwanese banking secrecy, personal data, cybersecurity and related matters;
iv. The placement from onshore and offshore of structured products (including OTC, debt securities and funds), including covering in particular Taiwanese legal aspects of offshore note sales and of any related placement and distribution issues; liaising with the Hong Kong based legal team handling the transaction management and documentation of such issues; and
v. Licensing and related matters relevant to Taipei Branch.
2. With the support of Legal and Compliance staff outside Taiwan, principally in HK and Paris, addressing questions arising from local clients and stakeholders relating to the impact in Taiwan of regulations impacting the bank’s activity (e.g. EMIR/DFA/Volcker). Maintaining close relations with and leveraging from local Compliance staff will be key to this role.
3. Following the legal and regulatory reform relevant to the business of the Taiwanese branch and securities entities, and handling the legal reporting for the Taiwanese branch and securities entities, including regulatory reporting, significant facts reporting, legal risk mapping and permanent supervision.
4. Coordinating the appointment and management of the Taiwanese law firms that form the panel of preferred law firms of the bank and the securities business from time to time.
1.Deal with legal issues to maintain the company’s good image and relations with media, consumer groups, and other community organizations.
2. Provide legal opinions for different departments to deal with contracts and distributor/consumer claims.
3. Support the department head to do crisis management on PR or legal issues by suggesting appropriate answers from legal viewpoints or application of negotiation skills.
4. Assist internal Customer Service Center to resolve critical customers’ complaints, and work with the external law firm, to solve lawsuits if any.
5. Deal with the government affairs and maintain a good relationship with the FTC officials.
6. Assist Amway representatives to play an active role in DS-related associations, such as DSA, MLMPF, and TWAMLM, to protect industry interests by providing proper legal opinions and information.
CV to email@example.com