The Role Responsibilities
Act as (second line) Risk Control Owner under the Group’s Risk Management Framework for those aspects of Regulatory Compliance relating to [AML/Sanctions/ABC], and escalate issues as appropriate.
Our Ideal Candidate
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It‘s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
Strategy (Responsibilities that are related to the development and implementation of a strategy)
Business (Responsibilities related to the delivery of business and / or financial objectives)
• Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
• Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
Processes (Processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising)
• Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures in [Globa/Region/Country/Business] to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
• Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to [AML/Sanctions/ABC].
Risk Management (Responsibilities Under Risk Management Framework – both execution and supervisory)
• Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management [EDIT IF REQUIRED].
• Provide advice on the application of risk management frameworks (e.g. ORF, GRA).
• Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
• Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
• Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
• Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
• Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of [AML/Sanctions/ABC] risks identification and assessment methodologies.
• Provide intelligence (to internal forums) on specific clients, client-types and emerging risk typologies.
• Provide intelligence inputs to support calibration of bank’s Risk Methodologies (including aggregate client risk, product risk and country risk assessments).
• Oversee the review and analysis of the client base to identify and manage high risk clients, or specific country reviews.
• Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
• Design and maintain dashboards and metrics that allow FCC to dynamically monitor financial crime risk and operational performance for key FCC processes.
• Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
Regulatory & Business conduct (The below is mandatory standard wording, do not remove)
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
1. Providing Taiwanese legal and regulatory advice for and in relation to:
i. The business and activities generally, but particularly in relation to derivatives and securities, of Taipei Branch, including following new products presented for validation for sale or trading in Taiwan;
ii. Global or regional initiatives rolled out or implemented in Taiwan, including assisting in connection with outsourcing matters;
iii. Taiwanese banking secrecy, personal data, cybersecurity and related matters;
iv. The placement from onshore and offshore of structured products (including OTC, debt securities and funds), including covering in particular Taiwanese legal aspects of offshore note sales and of any related placement and distribution issues; liaising with the Hong Kong based legal team handling the transaction management and documentation of such issues; and
v. Licensing and related matters relevant to Taipei Branch.
2. With the support of Legal and Compliance staff outside Taiwan, principally in HK and Paris, addressing questions arising from local clients and stakeholders relating to the impact in Taiwan of regulations impacting the bank’s activity (e.g. EMIR/DFA/Volcker). Maintaining close relations with and leveraging from local Compliance staff will be key to this role.
3. Following the legal and regulatory reform relevant to the business of the Taiwanese branch and securities entities, and handling the legal reporting for the Taiwanese branch and securities entities, including regulatory reporting, significant facts reporting, legal risk mapping and permanent supervision.
4. Coordinating the appointment and management of the Taiwanese law firms that form the panel of preferred law firms of the bank and the securities business from time to time.
The focus of this position is on managing the legal issues and compliance programs associated with company’s operations in Taiwan. This dynamic position will provide broad based legal support services to company‘s commercial, medical and business functions in the affiliate. As the Country Counsel, this role serves as an advisor to the General Manager and extended country management team. In addition, the role serves as the Compliance Officer for Branch Office in Taiwan and leads the Worldwide Compliance & Business Ethics Department’s programs on a variety of healthcare and anti-corruption compliance issues. This position will be responsible for identifying, triaging, coordinating, and leading compliance-related activities and will have responsibility for privacy/data protection issues.
As a leader in the organization, the role also provides the GM and Country Management Team with legal and compliance advice and support for managing business operations and delivering on strategic initiatives. As a legal and compliance expert, the Senior Manager is expected to monitor the external environment - ensuring company’s legal risks are proactively managed and its compliance program continues to meet the highest standards. The role will also include other Compliance related activities as determined by affiliate priorities (e.g. investigations support, audit support, policies updates, monitoring activities, training activities, managing third party supplier due diligence, etc.)