- Interpret laws, regulations, government policies and industry standards, and determine requirements and specifications that apply to foods, health foods, quasi drugs/OTCs, cosmetic and house hold cleaning products; review ingredients and formulas and recommend most preferable classification for products, claims and labeling; resolve issues and prepare dossier.
- Provide planning and accomplish notification, registration and other processing for foods, health supplements, quasi drugs/OTCs, cosmetics and household cleaning products with relevant government agencies, for imported and domestic products; work with and manage productive relationship with external consultants to successfully obtain registration of products in a timely manner;
- Review product labeling, health claims, promotional publications and website for compliance with regulations; work with Marketing for competitive positioning of products, communicate risks and offer solutions.
- Maintain effective working relationship with government and non-governmental agencies having jurisdiction over company products such Taiwan TFDA, DOH, FTC, CPC etc., testing organizations and industry associations; and monitor impact of consumer advocate groups affecting sale of products.
- Closely monitor industry and regulatory developments, and media reports; evaluate government enforcements or new regulations and standards, and develop measures to minimize negative impact on company products.
- Communicate and offer solutions to regulatory issues in cross-functional settings regularly, assist Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing, Regulatory and others in developing new products, launch initiatives, and offer plans to implement registrations of products in accordance with market launch plans.