- 台南市善化區|月薪 28,000~40,000元月薪 28,000~40,000元|1年工作經驗以上|碩士、博士|外商企業展開收合
The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is a nonprofit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan and regional offices around the globe. WorldVeg conducts research and development programs that contribute to improved incomes and diets in the developing world through increased production and consumption of nutritious and health-promoting vegetables. For more information about World Vegetable Center, please visit our website: www.worldveg.org.
WorldVeg seeks a Research Assistant (Project-based) at its Headquarters in Shanhua, Tainan, Taiwan, to work in the Plant Pathology team of the Flagship Safe & Sustainable Value Chains. This is a nationally recruited position and open for Taiwan nationals only.
The Research Assistant will assist in research mainly in the areas of vegetable disease identification and characterization, and the identification, selection and characterization of disease resistant plant germplasm to support resistance breeding and improving disease management practices. The initial focus is likely to be on bacterial plant pathogens, but a willingness and ability to work with other types of plant pathogens and pests would be an advantage. He/she will assist in or be responsible for:
• Collecting disease samples, and the isolation, culturing and maintenance of plant pathogen isolates/strains;
• Conducting research activities on detection, identification, and characterization of plant pathogens by inoculation to new/differential host plants and observation of symptoms, as well as the use of biochemical, serological and nucleic acid-based tests (includes DNA extraction, PCR, & gel electrophoresis) for pathogen identification;
• Developing and using assays to screen for new sources of disease resistance, for resistance breeding and selection, and for researching the inheritance of resistance and susceptibility;
• Documenting research activities, including recording, collating and analyzing results, and preparing research reports and publications;
• Others: take care of daily activities of the laboratory, greenhouse and net-house as assigned, such as preparing materials (e.g. medium/chemical solutions) and equipment for experiments (e.g. by autoclaving), ordering supplies, arranging for the maintenance and servicing of equipment, etc.
• The applicant should have a Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree from junior college in Plant Pathology, Biology, Agriculture or a related field, and ideally should have experience of working in the laboratory, greenhouse and field.
• An ability to communicate in English would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of application with curriculum vitae, with details of education, work experiences, professional skills, a recent passport size photograph, names and contact addresses (including phone number/fax/e-mail) of three referees to Human Resources, PO Box 42, Shanhua, Tainan, Taiwan 74199, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 31 March 2020.
- ● 植物保護學類,園藝學類,農業技術學類 相關科系