- 台南市善化區|月薪 28,000~40,000元月薪 28,000~40,000元|經驗不拘|碩士、博士|外商企業展開收合
The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is a nonprofit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan and regional offices around the globe. WorldVeg conducts research and development programs that contribute to improved incomes and diets in the developing world through increased production and consumption of nutritious and health-promoting vegetables. For more information about World Vegetable Center, please visit our website: www.worldveg.org.
The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is looking for a Research Assistant to conserve and assist in the understanding of the agricultural biodiversity of Solanaceae crops such as tomato, peppers, and eggplant. The person will study the phenotypic diversity of collections of tomato, peppers, and eggplant, in particular the core collections of these crops in the WorldVeg genebank.
The WorldVeg genebank is one of the largest international genebanks of vegetable genetic resources. The main task of the Genetic Resources and Seed Unit is to keep the seeds alive of the genebank accessions for vegetable improvement and development of new vegetables, and to conserve the basis for food and nutrition security of future generations.
• Morphological characterization of Solanaceae crops with a focus on tomato;
• Establishing of field trials for abiotic stress screening of Solanaceae crops;
• Seed treatment to prepare viroid-free seeds of Solanaceae crops for seed shipment and field planting;
• Seed multiplication and morphological characterization of eggplant wild relatives and other incoming Solanaceae germplasm;
• Diversity analysis to understand the phenotypic variation of Solanaceae crops.
• M.Sc. in plant sciences, plant biology, botany, horticulture or a similar discipline;
• Good knowledge and hands-on experience in design and management of field trials of vegetable crops and greenhouse management;
• Familiar with agronomic practices;
• Botanical knowledge of Solanaceae crops;
• Proficient in written and spoken English;
• Computational and statistical analysis skills for crop diversity analysis is desirable.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of application with curriculum vitae, with details of education, work experiences, professional skills, a recent passport size photograph, names and contact addresses (including phone number/fax/e-mail) of three referees to Human Resources, PO Box 42, Shanhua, Tainan, Taiwan 74199, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 25 October 2019.
- ● 植物保護學類,園藝學類,農業技術學類 相關科系