Industry: ICT & Consumer Electronics
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Functions: Localization, Translation, Writing/Editing
Location: Client wants the candidate to work in Shanghai in prior, other cities can be the options if candidate is unwilling to work in shanghai- like Shenzhen, Dongguan, Wuhan, Nanjing, Chengdu, Beijing.
SDL is currently looking for a full-time native linguist for our Client. Our client is an ICT solutions provider, headquartered in China and with operations in more than 170 countries. Products and solutions are serving more than one third of the world‘s population, and include smartphones, PCs, tablets, wearables, and more.
We‘re looking for an experienced, bilingual writer and translator to join our team. Our work spans UI/UX, naming, marketing, branding, user manuals, and of course UX writing and translation.
You will be responsible for working with other linguists, as well as the development and design team to find the best writing, translation, and localization solutions for a variety of consumer products.
Ideal candidates will have outstanding written verbal and written communication skills, total fluency in English, be culturally fluent, and be driven to work towards a common goal.
• Translation from English into Japanese, Polish, Italian and Portuguese (Brazil)
• Linguistic testing
• Cultural adaptation and localization
• Communicating with teams from different professional backgrounds
• Native speakers of the languages above
• Native-level mastery of English
• Intuitive understanding of how information should be presented and structured
• Degree in translation, language studies, telecommunications, computer science or related field
• Experience in translation, writing, editing, localization, or communications
• Experiences in ICT products preferred
• Chinese proficiency preferred
• Curious, quick learner (enjoy learning how things work), and attentive to details
Empathetic, able to imagine user perspectives
• Flexible problem solver who approaches issues from many angles
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure