Job Purpose: The incumbent is required to develop, implement, and control the Sustainability activities in Bridgestone Taiwan in alignment with Regional Head Office (RHO) Sustainability Strategy, Bridgestone Group’s 3.0 journey, “Bridgestone E8 Commitment”, and in compliance with all the regulation.
• To be the focal point and go to person in Bridgestone Taiwan for sustainability initiatives.
• Work with business, manufacturing, and functions to deliver on the aligned goals of sustainability such as transition to renewable energy, developing circular economy strategies for End of Life Tire and other local and regional initiatives.
• Provide training and education to build strong sustainability culture among Bridgestone Taiwan
• Lead external strategic sustainability initiatives via relevant government, industry associations to engage key stakeholders (ex. customers, community, policy makers and regulators) and develop co-creation opportunities based on Bridgestone E8 commitment.
• Track and forecast emerging legislation trends such as End of Life Tire regulation, carbon pricing, evolving customer, market sustainability needs and trends, and competitive activities and identify potential business risks/opportunities
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Key Responsibility 1: Sustainability activity planning & budgeting
• Identify, initiate, and develop sustainability programs as per Bridgestone 3.0 and Bridgestone E8 commitment
• Plan and monitor programs and budget to align with company strategies both in local GC and regionally
Key Responsibility 2: Sustainability Activation
• Execute key programs and initiatives in collaboration with business and functions.
• Champion implementation to be in line with RHO and global implementation phases.
• Responsible for coordinating and activating regional sustainability and CSR initiatives within the company.
• Training and Education; Conduct sustainability related trainings and education for Taiwan team mates and build foundation for sustainability knowledge, skills and competency.
Key Responsibility 3: Project and Initiatives Coordination
• Coordinate and establishing cooperation with other sections to ensure all programs and initiatives are organized effectively.
• Encourage the full involvement of Bridgestone Taiwan teammates in initiatives and projects.
• Work together with Sustainability Work Group and organize sustainability initiatives and report the progress.
• Be the focal point for all sustainability activities with RHO, BSJ & internal Bridgestone Taiwan which in line with Bridgestone E8 commitment.
Key Responsibility 4: Sustainability Publication
• Coordinate and work closely with Communication or PR team to customize communications of all initiatives and programs in the country media communications to enhance Bridgestone Taiwan brand and reputation in alignment with regional or global standard
• Disseminate announcement of global and regional sustainability updates to all Taiwan teammates